This information applies to our ICHRA Premium PLUS customers.
Many in-store, over-the-counter, or online items are eligible, but many will need a note from your doctor as supporting documentation. Generally, nutritional supplements, herbal remedies, and vitamins will need a note.
From your Personal Dashboard, you can click the SEE WHAT’S ELIGIBLE button to search your expense to confirm if a prescription or note from your doctor is required.
A licensed medical practitioner should write and sign your note to confirm they recommend the service or item and what medical condition it’s treating.
Your note needs to list the specific names of the items that are recommended (i.e. list the name of the specific supplement, vitamin, etc.). Also, your note cannot recommend services or items for general health or wellness.
We know it can be difficult to get a note that meets all the requirements. To make it easier for you we have attached a printable Letter of Medical Necessity template here.
Examples of Dr. notes that will work:
- "I recommend Sally take Vitamin D to treat her vitamin deficiency”
- "I recommend Sally get a gym membership to treat or prevent anxiety"
- "I recommend Sally purchase and use Melatonin to treat her sleep disorder"
- “I recommend Sally take Centrum Multivitamins to prevent heart disease”
Examples of Dr. notes that won’t work:
- "I recommend Sally attend yoga regularly to reduce stress”
- "I recommend Sally get a gym membership to improve general health”
- "I recommend Sally purchase multivitamins to improve overall health”
Don’t forget to attach the other required documentation so we can review that request for you, ASAP.